Should I lease or buy my next Subaru vehicle?Jul 20th, 2020
Are you thinking about getting a new Subaru vehicle but you haven’t decided just how you want to do it yet? If it has come down to buying vs leasing a Subaru vehicle, then you have come to the right place at Pfaff Subaru for information. At our Pfaff Subaru dealership in Guelph, ON, our customers can find a very large selection of new and pre-owned Subaru vehicles. If you are asking yourself if you should lease or buy your next Subaru vehicle, then keep reading this blog because we have put together some information about both methods of purchasing.
Why should I lease?
While the majority of Subaru customers still buy their vehicles, leasing has increased in popularity as car buyers better understand the benefits of leasing a Subaru. Not everyone is a good lease candidate, but many people are, and there are good reasons why. The following list includes some of the benefits that can be experienced when you lease a Subaru vehicle:
- Generally less upfront money
- Lower monthly payment
- No trade-in negotiation
- Less maintenance cost (always under warranty)
- Update safety & technology every three years
- Receive Subaru Lease Loyalty Incentives
- No chance of negative equity
- Sales tax applied to the monthly payment and spread out over the term of the lease
Why should I buy?
Buying a Subaru vehicle is a great option for people who don’t want to deal with monthly payments. If you have the available capital to buy your Subaru vehicle outright, then all the power to you. There is also the financing route, but that would require you to make monthly payments. In the list below, we have included some information about how buying a Subaru differs from leasing one:
- Generally more upfront money
- Responsible for maintenance costs after the warranty expires
- Safety & technology does not change
- Potential negative equity when you sell if the value is less than the payoff
- Sales tax due on the total price of the vehicle and due at time of purchase
The choice is yours whether to lease or buy your next Subaru vehicle. Either way, you will be getting a very high-end premium quality machine that can tackle your day to day tasks with ease. For more information about buying a Subaru, leasing one, or financing one, we encourage you to get in touch with a Pfaff Subaru representative. Click here to learn about the Pfaff Difference.
Click here to find our contact information, schedule a test drive, or speak with a representative.